© 2012 Globespan Media Ltd, 3rd Floor, 8 Baltic Street East, London EC1Y 0UP
Privacy and Cookies
Globespan Media Limited (trading as "What House?") ("we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA 1998"), the data controller is Globespan Media Limited of 8 Baltic Street East, London, EC1Y 0UP ("Data Controller").
Any reference to "Personal Data" shall, as defined in the DPA 1998, mean any personal information (including sensitive personal data) that is capable of identifying you. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address.
Any reference to the "processing" of Personal Data shall mean processing for the purposes of the DPA 1998.
Any reference to "Website" shall be a reference to the website provided by us which is available via the domain name http://www.whathouse.co.uk.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with its contents, do not submit any Personal Data to us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
By accessing the Website, you shall be regarded as having had sufficient notice of the contents of this Policy. Your use of the Website and your submission of any Personal Data to us shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
If you have submitted your Personal Data and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your Personal Data as set out in this Policy, you can choose to "opt-out".
To opt-out, please send an electronic mail headed "OPT-OUT" to us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the activities set out in this Policy that you would like us to refrain from. Upon receipt of a written opt-out, we shall discontinue processing your Personal Data as requested.
INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service or requesting further services;
• details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access;
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
• Personal Data may be requested by us or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of the electronic mail hypertext links present in the body of the Website.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We shall not request, collect or process any Personal Data of a sensitive nature from you without first obtaining your express consent.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not indentify any individual.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data collected by us from you may be:
• used to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• used to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• passed to our employees to carry out services for us; and
• used by us to notify you about enhancements to our services such as: functionality changes to the Website, new services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting.
We may also use your Personal Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post/telephone/short message service/email.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure that you [tick/untick] the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. Alternatively, you can "opt-out" at a later date as set out above.
DISCLOSURE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access including a strict internal security policy with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
Any changes we may make to the Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Any enquiries regarding this policy must be directed in writing for the attention of our Data Protection Compliance Department.
Under the DPA 1998, you have the right to request details of and access your Personal Data held or processed by us.
Please send such requests in writing to Globespan Media Ltd, Third Floor, 8 Baltic Street East, London EC1Y 0UP, marked for the attention of the Data Protection Compliance Department. Any request must be accompanied by the statutory administration fee of £10.00.
If you believe that any information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, you must write without delay to our Data Protection Compliance Department, highlighting the corrective action to be taken. If any information is found to be incorrect it shall be corrected promptly.