Liverpool requires 41,000 new homes


Thursday 29th March 2012

More new homes needed to meet anticipated rise in Liverpool's population

Housebuilders need to construct as many as 41,000 new homes in Liverpool over the next 15 years in order to cater for growing demand for properties in the city, according to research.

The new Core Strategy by Liverpool council has set out where new homes developments should be built in the city until 2028, based on future demand on the back of an anticipated rise in the local population.

Central Government estimates that the volume of people residing in Liverpool will increase from around 445,000 to in excess of 460,000 by 2026, pushing up demand for new homes in the process.

The report states: 'There is every expectation, therefore, that the long term process of population decline is about to be turned around, reflecting the impact, amongst other things, of the recent positive signs of recovery in the local economy.'

The strategy divides Liverpool into three areas: the city centre, the urban core, and suburban areas, with the bulk of new homes - around 70% - to be developed in the city centre and urban core, with the remaining 30% in suburban areas.

The urban core includes Anfield, County, Everton, Kirkdale, parts of the wards of Riverside, Princes Park, Picton, Kensington & Fairfield and Tuebrook and Stoneycroft.

Suburbia is everywhere else outside the city centre.

Cllr Malcolm Kennedy, cabinet member for regeneration and transport, commented: "This is a vital document. It will guide how our city is going to look and develop through the first quarter of the 21st century. We have already consulted widely about the strategy, but this is an evolving situation and views can change and develop.

"This is the last chance people have of making their ideas known so I would urge everybody to look at the strategy and contact us with their ideas."

New Homes in Liverpool

Claremont Gardens
Claremont Gardens, Westminster Road, Kirkdale, Liverpool, L4 4LQ
NOW AVAILABLE from £104,995
Claremont Gardens at St John's Place is the perfect choice for modern first time buyers, families and commuters alike. Located in Kirkdale, with its...
Rylands Park
Rylands Park, Boardmans Lane, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 1QX
NOW AVAILABLE from £166,995
Join us at Rylands Park, St Helens this Summer and celebrate having all you’ve ever wanted in a home, all included in the price. What'...
Summerhill Park, Liverpool
The Avenue At Summerhill Park, Thingwall Lane, L14 7NZ
NOW AVAILABLE from £99,995
If you enjoy being close by to world class leisure and a vibrant city atmosphere, yet would prefer a quieter neighbourhood with a more peaceful...
Imagine Park
Imagine Park, Speke Hall Avenue, Liverpool Airport, Liverpool, L24 1YD
NOW AVAILABLE from £84,995
Situated in Speke, Liverpool, Imagine Park comprises a range of three and four bed family homes. Liverpool Waterfront is a great place to visit with...
Tower Gardens
Tower Gardens, Mill Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L6 2AW
NOW AVAILABLE from £127,995
Situated in Liverpool, Tower Gardens is a new development of three and four bedroom homes catering for first time buyers and growing families alike....
The Chase, Walmer Bridge
The Chase, Liverpool Road, Preston, PR4 5JT
NOW AVAILABLE from £234,995
One of Redrow’s most popular development destinations, Walmer Bridge, is returned to with an absolutely delightful collection of homes from...
Shared Ownership
Quartet, Liverpool Road, Whitchurch, SY13 1SG
NOW AVAILABLE from £59,625
These homes come complete with  fully-fitted kitchen, oven, hob and extractor, downstairs cloakroom, full gas-fired central heating, double...
The Grove
The Grove, Sandfield, Liverpool, L12 1LH
NOW AVAILABLE from £895,000
A stunning development of just three exclusive luxury homes in a secluded and private setting in the heart of one of Liverpool’s most...
Part-Exchange Available
Mill Brook
Mill Brook, Liverpool, Merseyside, L27 4AB
NOW AVAILABLE from £132,995
Since its launch earlier in the year, our Mill Brook development in Netherley, Liverpool, has been enjoying strong sales off plan. But with the...
Help to Buy
Church Fields
Church Fields, Liverpool, Merseyside, L19 8NG
NOW AVAILABLE from £124,995
Five miles to the south east of Liverpool, close to the River Mersey and Garston Docks, life's never monotonous at Church Fields - there's just so...