First-time buyers snap up new homes in Dunstable

Date:

Friday 4th May 2012

New homes at Living @ The Edge start from £110,360 through FirstBuy

While the average age for first time buyers across the UK is now 37, the vast majority of buyers of apartments at new homes development Living @ The Edge in Dunstable are first-time buyers aged under 30, thanks mainly to the introduction of the FirstBuy scheme, according to the housebuilder behind the scheme, Bloor Homes

The Government-backed scheme is making it much easier for first time buyers to buy a new home. Under the initiative, an equity loan of up to 20% of the property price will be provided meaning purchasers only need to arrange finance for the remaining 80%, which can be done by arranging a market rate mortgage in addition to the 5% deposit. To qualify purchasers need to have a joint household earning of less than £60,000.

Through FirstBuy, purchasers at Living @ The Edge can afford a two-bedroom apartment from £110,360. The development features a collection of two-bedroom apartments and two- and three-bedroom houses.

All the new homes at The Edge are finished to a high standard and provide well-planned living spaces for any lifestyle. The two bedroom Darham style show apartment provides an open plan living room / kitchen, spacious master bedroom with en-suite, second bedroom and additional bathroom.

The Marham is a three-bedroom bedroom home, priced from £155,960 with FirstBuy. On the ground floor there is a lounge, open plan kitchen/dining room and WC, whilst on the first floor there are three bedrooms, one with en-suite and a family bathroom.

New Homes by Bloor Homes

Sorry, your search did not return any results. Please try widening your choices and try again or use our property map.

Find a new home by map